New York, USA
Since opening in October 1905, The Juilliard School has set the standard for education in the performing arts in the United States. Juilliard became one of Lincoln Center’s original constituents in 1968, having already added a Dance Division (1951) and Drama Division (1968). In 2001, Juilliard broke new ground by adding its first program in jazz studies.
Juilliard’s second century has begun with a major expansion of its facilities, adding 39,000 square feet of state-of-the- art studios, theaters, and rehearsal studios, growing with and responding to the needs of a thriving cultural community in the U.S. and abroad, its student body drawn from 47 states and 50 foreign countries.